Forum Discussion

santhoshkumarks
Contributor
10 years ago

Overiding the scope text keys

Hello,

Can anybody help me here how to override the existing title header say example want to change the Latest Posts and Latest Topics title to our own titles. I tried based on the document, but it is not working. Any solutions will be appreciated.

http://community.lithium.com/t5/FAQs-email-templates-and-text/Set-the-scope-of-a-text-key/ta-p/109017

I am providing the details of which I tried out. None of them works. Not sure what's wrong here.

module.recent-messages.title.all@category:<CategoryPageID>@page:<PageId>@component:forums.widget.recent-messages = Custom Title

module.recent-messages.title.all@page:<PageId>@component:forums.widget.recent-messages = Custom Title

module.recent-messages.title.all@component:forums.widget.recent-messages = Custom Title

This works, but we want to have a custom title based on context of the page.

module.recent-messages.title.all = Custom Title

Your help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Santhosh

NoamanA
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hey Santhosh

Text keys are scoped to the page type (ie quilt name) rather than the page id (which would be a quilt instance).  Therefore, to scope keys to specific categories for example, you would need to create a custom Category Page for each category requiring a set of text keys.  The custom pages can be exact copies of your standard Category Page just as long as they're named differently.

Your text key would then look something like this:

module.recent-messages.title.all@page:CustomCategoryPage = Custom Title

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Regards

Noaman

santhoshkumarks
      Contributor

Hello Noaman,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried that it is not working. I have pasted all the types I have tried, but no luck.

Let me also explain, our page is a category page dervied from Category created as custom category page.

category.pageName

The url format for the pages are like this.

/t5/title/ct-p/Id

Can you let me know, what i am missing here.

Regards,

Santhosh

NoamanA
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hey Santhosh

What is the name of your custom category page in Studio?  So, if you were in Studio, selected Choose against Page Type, any custom pages should show up under the Custom heading. 

Regards

Noaman