Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Overwrite default quilt with SDK?

Hi everyone. So, I've been playing with the SDK, setting Studio to use SDK components, by "deleting" the Studio ones.

But, how do I do this for default quilts? There's no big X to click to force Studio to use the SDK version of a quilt I've edited.

Should I even be editing default quilts? Or is the only way to overwrite a default quilt to define a custom one and use that as a custom page in Admin?

• PerBonomi I think you have to use li clear-studio-plugin, with the 'points' flag. But unfortunately, you will clear all studio quilts, not only the one(s) you want:

--points:  Only works if the --force flag is used.  A comma-delimited set of 5 or less plugin points
                                        to include, in case you only want to clear a sub-set of the studio plugin.
                                        You can also set the pluginPoints property in server.conf.json to always only clear the
                                        plugin points you specify. Plugin points you can specify are: 
                                        asset,badge_icon,component,endpoint,init,layout,macro,quilt,rank_icon,skin,survey_icon,text

Once cleared, you can submit the ones from your SDK.

OlivierS
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

PerBonomi I think you have to use li clear-studio-plugin, with the 'points' flag. But unfortunately, you will clear all studio quilts, not only the one(s) you want:

--points:  Only works if the --force flag is used.  A comma-delimited set of 5 or less plugin points
                                        to include, in case you only want to clear a sub-set of the studio plugin.
                                        You can also set the pluginPoints property in server.conf.json to always only clear the
                                        plugin points you specify. Plugin points you can specify are: 
                                        asset,badge_icon,component,endpoint,init,layout,macro,quilt,rank_icon,skin,survey_icon,text

Once cleared, you can submit the ones from your SDK.

PerBonomi
      Boss

Thanks Olivier. Think I'll keep that as a last resort for now, and go with custom pages.

luk
        Boss

PerBonomi: It is possible to manually "clear" quilts via studio, what you need to do is go to the quilt/page that you want to be "directly changeable" via SDK and hit the button at the bottom that says "Revert to Defaults", there will be no hint in the following confirmation dialog that this will revert the quilt to the SDK version (as with components for example), but it will..., just make sure that it says on top "item exists in sdk but was modified in studio" (notification with gray background)...after you revert (NOT reset!) the quilt it should be yellow and say that "item exists in sdk and was not modified in studio".

OlivierS would be nice if the "language" there was consistent with other SDK related "reverting" actions, e.g. it should say that by clicking ok the quilt will be reversed to the SDK version, would avoid lots of confusion (had people in my team press the "Reset" button instead with unintended consequences)