Forum Discussion

clemlith
Expert
11 years ago

Pagination customization for SEO

Hi Everyone,

For a SEO purpose I'd like to customize the HTML markup of the standard pagination component used with standard comp in particular in the ForumPage and ForumTopicPage.

The objective here is to add the rel attribute to the 'next' and 'prev' link. Then all the pages should be seen as a consolidated object by search engines.

As the standard lithium comp aren't editable I guess I have to develop my own.

That's where I need your help :)

Did you guys already tried to achieve this ? If yes I would be happy to hear from you.

Clement

• Hi clemlith 

Have u verified first that your community has the following checkbox ticked in Community Admin >> System >> SEO ?

rel-prev-next.png

This could be used to achieve the same effect, as far as I am aware - or are you referring to a different area?

Hope it helps,

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi clemlith 

Have u verified first that your community has the following checkbox ticked in Community Admin >> System >> SEO ?

rel-prev-next.png

This could be used to achieve the same effect, as far as I am aware - or are you referring to a different area?

Hope it helps,

clemlith
      Expert

Hi PaoloT ,

Yes it's the case. I did not remember that we've enabled this option in the past.

And I was expecting the attribute rel to be added directly on the link 'next' and 'prev' and wasn't looking for it in the head section.

Thanks for pointing this out !

Best,

Clement