Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
5 years ago

Permission name to see studio and admin

I created a custom user dropdown, and I would like to display the Studio and Admin page links in this dropdown based on permission. I do not want them to be attached to user rank or role in case we change who can have what permission. However, in the "Permission descriptions" article here I do not see permission to see Studio and Admin, only items within them.

Is there such permission, and if so, what is the name? How are they displayed in the OOTB components?

• You have to be an Admin on Stage in order to see Studio, and you can only get to it via Stage.

I strongly recommend that you create a role for this type of permission, though, so that you're not managing permissions at the user level. It gets tricky and it's also hard to track. You can add the role at the community level and when you want to change who can access it, you just remove the role from their profile. And it's much easier to manage groups of people this way, too.

Lindsey
      Leader

lolagoetz but even if I created a role that is like "can use studio" and a role that is "can use admin" - what permission do I give them for that role? Like what is the permission for "can view admin" and the permission for "can view studio"?

Claudius
        Boss

These permissions are not individually broken out, but are all tied to the Administrator role on stage.

Are you using your stage for user acceptance testing and you want to share studio access with designers? Can you share a bit on why you want to offer these links to someone outside of the stage admin group?