Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Personal information download JSON

Hi, 

Is it possible to make the .json file more accessible to the average user? The average users doesn't have a code editor at their disposal. 

Kind regards,

Roaul

• darryllee,

Yes you are right, link for the posts and timestamp is missing from the downloaded information, it will be better to have it.

You can post this suggestion Ideas section here.

I think reason behind this, when any user close there account in community, these all posts map to anonymous user account. So after closing the account it will not see as your users who contributed on it.

• raouldelange,

You can view the file by just opening the file using your browser. So there is no need to have code editor tool to open this file.

• Hi all - I was wondering - is there any way that the JSON file can contain more information?

On community.atlassian.com, my JSON includes links to images I've posted, and the subject/body of posts I've made, but there's no links to the posts, nor any timestamps, both of which would be incredibly useful for things like personal statistics ("How often do I post on Wednesdays?") or for easier searching of personal posts ("When did I explain that Web Requests thing? I'd like to link to it again").

Thank you!

darryllee
      Adept

Hey there - I don't suppose anyone is reading this, but I thought I'd ask again. To clarify, I'm actually talking about "My community content" which is a download right above "My personal information" on a user's profile page.

Thanks!

• darryllee,

Yes you are right, link for the posts and timestamp is missing from the downloaded information, it will be better to have it.

You can post this suggestion Ideas section here.

I think reason behind this, when any user close there account in community, these all posts map to anonymous user account. So after closing the account it will not see as your users who contributed on it.

darryllee
      Adept

Unfortunately I don't have permission to post to that community. 

Yeah, I kind of understand how GDPR is all picky about this kind of stuff, but since this is a file that is under the "My Profile" section of the forum, it seems like that intended audience is the user, and so there shouldn't really be a chance of them becoming anonymous before being able to download it.