Forum Discussion

gdawson
Advisor
5 years ago

Pre-populate data in body

Hello,

I am new to Khoros, still getting the needed training, so please bear with me.

We have an Idea's board, when a user goes to suggest an idea, we would like to pre-populate the body with some basic questions they will need to answer.

IE:

Click Idea button, they enter the subject, and in the body the 3 prerequisites that have to be answered to be accepted populate and they can answer the questions under each.

Reviewed another post that indicated something similar to this can not be done which I find hard to believe.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

• Hey gdawson ,

As the others have said ZERO options on the platform to achieve this, your only option is to build a custom post page, i did this with a little tool i build using a forum board called check & report, (feel free to poke around and use it as this part of my community requires no authentication to use this service) this allows me to capture some addition information which is written to fields on the message object however you could easily create a couple input boxes for each question and parse them into the body text so that you can enforce a format to all ideas submitted. 

you could even use conditional logic so that different questions are asked for different products, you could even build that off existing labels on the platform

• It's not OOTB, that's for sure. 

We've put some text in our article templates, which I'd assume would be somewhat similar in other areas (like Ideas). It's going to require a customization to do something like this, and it may make the page load take longer if you're inserting as they open the editor.

We've actually asked before about having additional customizable fields, like could be done with JX. You might want to check the Khoros ideas board and see if a request exists that you can vote on (and add your input to).