Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rank up PM variable issue

Hi folks. Recently ran into this issue. The last line of the rank up PM is as follows:

'<p>Visit your <a href="${rankUser.webUi.url}">profile page</a> to see your rank and other personal stats.</p>'

But, instead of showing the profile url, it gives this html. It's like the variable is being seen as pure text:

'<a href="${rankUser.webUi.url}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">profile page</a>'

Any suggestions?

• PerBonomi- are you getting this broken URL by send email to self from studio or this is generated automatically when user ranks is changing? 

${rankUser.webUi.url} is accurate context object, Open a ticket to lithium support for this is not working.This context object returns the user profile page URL which can be obtained by alternative way.

e.g communityurl.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/<user.id>

You can use below context objects to generate above URL.

$emailUrls.getCommunityUrl - To get the community URL

${user.id} - To get the user id.

• PerBonomi- are you getting this broken URL by send email to self from studio or this is generated automatically when user ranks is changing? 

${rankUser.webUi.url} is accurate context object, Open a ticket to lithium support for this is not working.This context object returns the user profile page URL which can be obtained by alternative way.

e.g communityurl.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/<user.id>

You can use below context objects to generate above URL.

$emailUrls.getCommunityUrl - To get the community URL

${user.id} - To get the user id.

ClaudiusH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)
    For what it's worth i checked on the Lithium Community which is running 17.6. The "Rank change user notification" email template contains exactly your code and it's working perfectly fine to resolve to the profile URL when the rank email is triggered. Yet if I use the "Send Email to self" feature from within studio's text editor I get only the unresolved variables.