Forum Discussion

kevinutoft
Contributor
4 years ago

API Content and User Permissions

Hello, I am working on a solution to build out an external search index with Khoros being one source of many. I having been trying unsuccessfully to use the API to extract out all content and users ...
    snaffle
    4 years ago

Hi Kevin,

I don't actually remember that being an issue for us and can't find any reference to it in emails/documentation so you might be surprised.

Having said that, it was fairly early on in our community and we may have made the decision to not worry about historical date, but I can't remember for sure... I have a feeling that Inbenta was able to do a spider crawl of the existing community for historical data.

What I would have a look at though, is Khoros' Bulk Data API tool - https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/reference/bulk-data-api - which provides an interface for exporting large amounts of data from the system.

It does though limit each export to 7 days of data so I'd imagine you'd want to look at writing a script to automate that depending on how much historical data you have... not sure if it's the right solution for you but it may help.

Cheers

Nathan