Forum Discussion

cike
Champion
9 years ago

recommendations.widget.recommended-content-taplet without placeholders

Hi guys,

we are using the recommendations.widget.recommended-content-taplet to show related for each thread. Sometimes placeholders of moved posts are listed within the component.

Is there a way to exclude this threads from the component without writing a custom component?

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

There is no way that I'm aware of to do this currently, except maybe to use javascript/css to hide the messages that are placeholders (in this case it looks like you would have to use javascript because the only indicator that this message is moved is an element with the lia-fa-moved class which is inside of a td tag inside of the tr tag you would want to hide).

You could delete the placeholder messages when you find them if that is an option for you.

If you feel strongly that this is a product bug that should be fixed, I would recommend filing a support case.

-Doug

cike
      Champion

Hi DougS,

thanks for your reply. The JavaScript workaround is one option I also had in mind, but I think for us it's not the right way to solve this.

Fortunately, a workaround or something else is not neccessary anymore. We're using a custom component to display message streams on Community-, Category- and ForumPage. We requesting the message objects via API v2. Until Lithium 16.3 it was not possible to exclude placeholder posts from this requests, but fortunately since 16.3 the placeholder attribute can be used as a constraint within LIQL queries.

Now, users won't be able to navigate to moved posts (calling the URL of the old posts redirects to the new location). So I think the recommendations component will not display placeholder posts anymore.

Regards,

Christian