Forum Discussion

nibo
Mentor
10 years ago

Remove AddThis from Ratings & Reviews

Hi guys,

within the "Product Reviews" ActiveCast each Review has automatically the AddThis social bookmarking widget.

Looking at the ReviewsMessage quilt, the widget is part of the message-links component, which also holds the comment link generating the comment listing and comment form.

Is there a possibility to completely remove the AddThis widget without affecting the commenting functionality?

Hiding the widget through CSS is not a solution, because we have to get rid of the tracking cookies AddThis is generating.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Nikolay

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi nibo

as far as I know - it is not possible to modify standard components (at least not in the way you suggest). To my knowledge the social sharing feature is not configurable in the Admin console. As you mentioned cookies, I am assuming this is required to comply with European regulations? If so I suggest to get in touch with your Lithium manager and discuss how this could be achieved.

Thanks,

PaoloT
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Actually - I just realized that the approach described here could help in this scenario as well. You could be able to manipulate the HTML before it's rendered and remove the AddThis code. I haven't attempted that before so it is just an idea worth exploring.

nibo
        Mentor

PaoloTthanks for the fast response!

Which method are you referring to (I think you have the wrong link)?

If this is possible, it will be great :)

Thanks,

Nikolay