Forum Discussion

jaikumar1
Mentor
8 years ago

Responsive website

Hi,

I need to understand, how we need to develop the responsive website? 

As we have community site already, and we want the site in responsive. So i want to know, what needs to do regards the responsive site?

I also have few question,

• Lithium provides any responsive design by default ?
  • If yes, then how can we get the responsive design?
  • If suppose to design responsive design from scratch, then what needs to be done without affecting the existing website design?
  • What are all pages, layouts and components need to upgrade from default into responsive design?

• jaikumar1 -

• Yes, you get the basic responsive skin.
    • If yes, then how can we get the responsive design?
      • As mentioned by satya and abhillindra, contact support to enable this.
    • If suppose to design responsive design from scratch, then what needs to be done without affecting the existing website design?
      • Your existing design will not be retained in the responsive, you will have to design and develop it on the new responsive platform. 
    • What are all pages, layouts and components need to upgrade from default into responsive design?
      • All of you pages will be upgraded to the responsive.

jaikumar1
      Mentor

Hi,

How can we present the mobile view perfectly, even if we choose the version option "Full" instead of "Mobile" while viewing the community site in mobile device?

I understood that, when we view the community site in mobile, the site automatically changed version into "Mobile". But we have a option in the bottom to change the version into "Full". So after changed "Full" some blocks like Forum not displays properly. So please suggest how can we achieve the both version displays properly in mobile device.

VarunGrazitti
        Boss

jaikumar1 - The full/ mobile view option which you are talking about appears in the V1 mobile version of the Lithium skin, not on the Lithium responsive. My question here - are you developing the responsive on Lithium's legacy (non-responsive + mobile platform)?

• Hi jaikumar1,

Following are the links which you can take a look for better knowledge 

We need to contact lithium support team to enable lithium responsive for your required community, then only we are able to create a responsive skin/view the responsive design. Please look into the following link for more info.

For this, we need to use responsive skin using "sass". Please look into the following link for more info.

• What are all pages, layouts, and components need to upgrade from default into responsive design?

We can change/add the responsive components. you can find the responsive components list  here and also here

Hope this helps :)

Thanks & Regards,

Srujana Satya.

jaikumar1
      Mentor

Hi Satya,

Thank you for your response. I just had a another question regards responsive design development. 

Do we want to develop and deploy the responsive skin with help of community SDK? If yes, what we need to do? 

Do we want to create any local environment for responsive design extension SASS and Bootstrap? 

Regards,

Jaikumar.E

VarunGrazitti
        Boss

jaikumar1 - It is not mandatory to use SDK for this, you could do all your development in the studio as well. 

You don't have to create any local environment. 

I hope this helps.

• jaikumar1 : To enable responsive on your community, you must raise a support ticket with Lithium.Lithium will then turn on responsive and make the necessary changes to the quilts/layouts/components. You can then start working on that environment.Check this Documents which will provide more details about Responsive.

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Responsive-for-Developers/About-Lithium-Responsive/ta-p/218740

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Responsive-for-Developers/About-the-Responsive-message-view/ta-p/254356

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Responsive-for-Developers/Feature-versions-Responsive-Base-Responsive-Peak/ta-p/285134

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhishek Illindra