Forum Discussion

rrajesh
Guide
8 years ago

REST API for Post common/response moderation

Does the REST API support moderation of responses to a post ?

Original Issue: Lithium Case portal number - 00127745

Does the below option for moderation available via REST API ?
https://community.lithium.com/t5/Set-up-tasks-for-Admins/Set-up-team-response-approval-reviews/ta-p/170503

Use Case:
Technical resource comments on a post which needs to be approved by moderator before goes out for public consumption. We are trying to see if there are REST API option for doing this.

1. User creates a topic or post

2. Community responds

3. A qualified engineer or technical resource answers a query or posts a solution

4. Technical resource has to go to moderator Q instead of general community users. Local moderator approves or modifies the message for community users and approves.

• Thanks PhilipF 

So, the conclusion is that currently there are no REST API for moderation but the functionality can be leveraged from LSW (Or Response) tool.

Please correct me otherwise.

SheetalK
    Khoros Oracle

rrajesh Response APIs currently do not support moderator actions.

However, the approval flow that is built into Response is designed just for such a use case where a response needs to be reviewed before it is posted. Are you building a flow outside Response that requires an API?

rrajesh
      Guide

SheetalK  Thanks for a quick response.

I dont understand what you meant as "Response". Is that the web tool used by Moderator?

Our use case is that we are going to have engineers (May be different regions) post comment on the problem and US moderators review and approve. Review and approve can be taken care with existing web tools. But we want a mechanism to post a response that will not be visible to community users until Moderator approves or edits.

Please let me know If my explanation is not clear.

Thanks

PhilipF
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

rrajesh Response is the product name for LSW so LSW = Response.

Philip