Forum Discussion

Premify
Helper
10 years ago

REST API: Get kudos for a certain topic by date range?

Hello!
I've browsed the forum / REST API documentation for a couple of hours but didn't find the answer to my problem:

I would like to access the kudos count of a certain thread but limit that to a date range.
The API call for kudos count for a message doesn't seem to accept queries.

I've found a way to do it for messages count for a certain board:

http://community.spotify.com/restapi/vc/boards/id/spotifycontribute/search/messages/count?q=date:[1341341612%20TO%201341946412]

Now I would like to have something like this (does not work):

http://community.spotify.com/restapi/vc/threads/id/123456/search/kudos/count?q=date:[1341341612%20TO%201341946412]

Background: I'm a super user at the Spotify community that manages the incoming ideas and pings the staff when an idea needs an update. I've made a google spreadsheet and included the kudos count for each idea via ImportXML() that sorts them by defined priority (kudos, status, date). Works great but now I would like to have a column that displays the received kudos of a single idea for the last month / half year. I could make a kudos "database" in another spreadsheet but that seems like a very tiresome workaround. Any quick solution to that? Obviously I'm relying only on the REST API. ;)

Premify
      Helper

VarunGrazitti wrote:

@Premify - May be you should try this metrics API. I couldn't find a direct way to query for a certain thread though.

VarunGrazitti Thanks for your fast reply!

Unfortunately I can not use the metrics API, since I am merely a super user and not an admin. To my understanding, those can't be used in my spreadsheet - I always get "Permission denied". Also, as you've said, it seems you can only access the kudo count for boards and not a single topic.

I was hoping for a call that can be accessed as normal user, like the kudo count per topic - just with a set date range.

Thanks for spending the time to search though. ;)

Cheers, Marco

Premify
        Helper

1 last attempt :)

After reflecting the usecase again I would need:

A query with the REST API through an URL request:

Kudos received for the root message (idea's 1st post) within a certain time frame, ideally the last x days.

Is there any way to achieve that without admin rights?
        Any help would be highly appreciated!