Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Rest API Notifications Calls

Hi, I'm trying to figure out where to grab two pieces of data from the Rest API, on the Subscriptions & Notifications > Notification Settings there is a dropdown field for "For my forum subscriptions, notify me for" and a checkbox field for "Accepted solutions to topics or questions I subscribe to".  

I've been unable to figure out where in the API this data lives, I've been looking at the users profile call restapi/vc/users/id/<UID> and the settings call restapi/vc/users/id/<UID>/settings?page_size=1000, but I've not been able to match those two items to specific values in the API calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

• Hi dzinkhon ,

The setting you are looking for is board_subscribe_method

Thanks,
    Nico

• Hi NicoB , I did look at that and I'm not seeing any change when I toggle that checkbox.  I also just did a count of true/false after I toggle the checkbox and the counts stay the same so I'm thinking that this must be mapped somewhere else.  

And after that thought I did the same check under settings and found the field, it's the config.notify_settings that's storing the data.

Mahalo for the help!

NicoB
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi dzinkhon ,

The setting you are looking for is board_subscribe_method

Thanks,
    Nico

dzinkhon
      Guide

Any idea which is the appropriate value for the checkbox "Accepted solutions to topics or questions I subscribe to"?

Thank you so much for your help!

NicoB
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)
        HI,
        judging from the option name it should be solutions.delivery_enable but I've tried to switch it on and off and I couldn't see the property changing on my profile.
        Maybe you want to have a try yourself to see if that's the actual setting?

Thanks,

Nico