Forum Discussion

11 years ago

REST API output issue from /settings endpoint

Hello, so I'm running into a bizarre issue when I'm trying to make a call/export from /restapi/vc/users/id/<UID>/settings (a real UID is used in the call). When calling this with a user with Admin role/privileges I get a response shown in the top section of the attachment with analytics information.

However when I make the call as a standard user with default role/priveleges I get the output at the bottom of the attachment with the layout and config information for the user.

This response is actually what I'm looking for as I'm trying to get at the layout and config data. I would think (and this holds true with other Lithium API calls) that when calling with the Admin role I would get more data, not different data. Has anyone ever seen this or have any idea if there is a different call I need to make with the Admin role? I did a search, but didn't see anything that resembled this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

• We page the results, and you can include the page and page_size parameters to your call (see The API Response documentation for more information) to get more settings.  You can call /restapi/vc/users/id/<id>/settings/count to get the total number of settings for the user.

-Doug

KeithF
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Great question and thanks for the information about the behavior.

JeffY  and DougS , what do you guys think?

DougS
      Khoros Oracle

We page the results, and you can include the page and page_size parameters to your call (see The API Response documentation for more information) to get more settings.  You can call /restapi/vc/users/id/<id>/settings/count to get the total number of settings for the user.

-Doug