Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Rest call to get most active forum topics across community

Is there a REST call that will let me get the most commented on forum topics for a time period, that only pulls from forums, but can pull from all the forums in a community? We need "the most active" topics pulled into a widget. We are doing something similar with getting most replies to any posts, but it only pulls from a certain category, and pulls from all types of posts. We did that using this:

categories/id/[id]/search/messages?q=is_root:true&sort_by=-replies&rangeTime=1M&restapi.response_style=view&restapi.format_detail=full_list_element

If we could get the same stuff back, but for only topics and across the whole community, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AdamN
    Khoros Oracle

There's a search context for the community level too, so if you remove the category context you get something like:

/search/messages?q=is_root:true&sort_by=-replies&rangeTime=1M&restapi.response_style=view&restapi.format_detail=full_list_element

To get only results from forums, you can use the "include_forums" query string parameter and set the value to true:

/search/messages?q=is_root:true&sort_by=-replies&rangeTime=1M&restapi.response_style=view&restapi.format_detail=full_list_element&include_forums=true

For example:

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/restapi/vc/search/messages?q=is_root:true&sort_by=-replies&rangeTime=1M&restapi.response_style=view&restapi.format_detail=full_list_element&include_forums=true

irach15
      Maven

AdamN,

can you please help me to get a json respond from a specific board and only tkb articles?

something like:

/restapi/vc/boards/id/someBoard/search/messages?q=is_root:true&sort_by=-replies&restapi.response_style=view&restapi.format_detail=full_list_element&xslt=json.xsl

But I need only tkb articles, and even better if I can narrow it to show only id, url, subject, body, tags,  author...

Using a search not to create a custom component (that one I know how to ;-) )

Thanks

AdamN
        Khoros Oracle

Hi irach15,

Sounds like you're on the right track. What issues are you running into?

If you're only searching a single board and that board is a TKB, then that should satisfy your requirement for TKB articles only.

If you've never used our API v2, I'd definitely suggest checking it out:

http://community.lithium.com/t5/Developer-Documentation/bd-p/dev-doc-portal?section=commv2

You have a lot more powerful querying capabilities than v1, including the ability to select which fields you get back in the response.

I hope this helps!

sam2
      Guide

Hi AdamN

Could you suggest me a way to only include tkb articles in my search results? I tried something like "include_tkb=true" already, but it did'nt worked out for me.

irach15
        Maven

Hi sam2,

this is how I search only 'tkb' articles for specific boards in a custom component

<#assign apiVersion = "2.0"/>
        <#assign x= rest(apiVersion,"/search?q=" + "SELECT id, subject, post_time, conversation.last_post_time, board, board.id, board.view_href, board.title, view_href, body FROM messages WHERE category.id IN('someBoard1','someBoard2', 'someBoard3') AND conversation.style = 'tkb' AND depth=0 ORDER BY post_time DESC LIMIT 5"?url) />