Forum Discussion

tmarshall
Advisor
5 years ago

Retire or Disable email template

Is there a way to mark specific templates as ‘retired’ and disable them from being sent out of the community? We would like to only focus on templates that need to be updated versus all email templates. 

• tmarshall - It doesn't seem to be a possibility to control this level of behaviour on the email templates. The only level of control is to disable them on a node level at minimum. However, I'd suggest getting in touch with the Khoros support - they may be able to disable these retired email templates in your case.

I hope this helps.

• tmarshall - It doesn't seem to be a possibility to control this level of behaviour on the email templates. The only level of control is to disable them on a node level at minimum. However, I'd suggest getting in touch with the Khoros support - they may be able to disable these retired email templates in your case.

I hope this helps.

tmarshall
      Advisor

Hey VarunGrazitti  : Support does not appear to have a retire/disable option, but another idea that might work would be to add a freemarker hidden comment at the top of the templates that only admins can see. (*If the template in question does trigger the comment would not appear in the HTML source code). 

We will put the date, and a comment on why the template is not branded and used. I think this might be a good low tech way to identify which ones would 'not' be used 😉 Cheers! 

VarunGrazitti
        Boss

tmarshall - The email templates in Lithium support the velocity templates, so you'll have to check the options if you can trigger this logic in Velocity - I however, doubt it since it is limited to some context objects.

I hope this helps.