Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Reuse editor component

I'm trying to use the built in editor component in my own custom component. When I try to use it though, I get something about an Unexpected Error Occurred. All I really need is the text editor with the Emoticon and Insert Image buttons. Is there any way to achieve this? Thanks.

• Hi bryanpollack ,

I think the reason you are getting that error , is because the editor component works only in context of a PostPage or of the similar type. (The standard components are page context sensitive) . Is your custom component on PostPage ,  ReplyPage or of the similar type or is it in a custom page ? 

If its in a custom page , I would recommend you to clone the standard page and customize it. Another option could be to include a custom Rich Text editor , though this could be little tedious.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Sam

bryanpollack
      Ace

I'm trying to add the ability to reply directly from the ForumTopicPage. Is it possible to get it to work properly on this page?

samudhraa
        Expert

Hi bryanpollack ,

As far as I know , you cannot have the standard Lithium Rich text editor in the ForumTopicPage. It has to be in the ReplyPage or PostPage. However , you can have the "Quick Reply" option on the same page , but as you might already know - it isn't a rich text editor.

I guess you would have to do a tradeoff between the two.

I am not sure if creating/including a custom Rich text editor and emulating the post function is an effective alternative , especially considering the time and effort involved.

Thanks,

Sam