Forum Discussion

kmentele
Contributor
7 years ago

Salesforce Federated Search for Lithium: Looking for OpenSearchDescription URL

Hello - I am trying to implement Federated Search in Salesforce to search for Lithium forum articles. 

In order to do that, I need to set up an external data source in SFDC which will include the URL which has the OpenSearchDescription. Does anyone know how to implement Federated Search in Salesforce to search for Lithium content or what the OpenSearchDescription would be for Lithium search engine? 

Additionally, has anyone seen the managed package for Lithium in Salesforce which is described in the link below? I am unable to find it anywhere and would like to use it if possible. 

https://www.lithium.com/pdfs/datasheets/Lithium-and-Salesforce.pdf

Thank you! 

• kmentele - This will be a custom implementation and something which Lithium/ Salesforce doesn't provide out of the box. I have shared some more details with you in a private message.

mhock
      Leader

VarunGrazitti ,

I realize this is custom but can you tell me the method used?  Is it all an API call?

Melissa

• mhock - Sure, this is going to be a custom implementation and we have implemented this on multiple Lithium, Jive and Salesforce communities. For your reference, you can find more details about this at hereWould be happy to discuss this further on how your implementation or requirements look to further customise this.

I hope this helps.