Forum Discussion

micha80
Expert
10 years ago

Save user setting return error 100

Hi,

I want to save the user first_name value using the rest api but when I make the ajax call I got error 100 (Unknown error occured). So I can not save the value. I read the documentation but could not find a solution for this. I am doing the following:

Call the rest api the following way:

var apiURL = '/restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/current/user/profiles/name/first_name/set?restapi.response_format=json';
$.ajax({
  method: "POST",
  url: apiURL,
  data: { value: val }
})
.done(function(response) {
  apiCallHandleResponse(response.response);
});

Then I got the following response:

{"response":{"status":"error","error":{"code":100,"message":"Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten."}}}

I am logged in as a user. I am not doing any authentication cause I am logged in a user already. But when I am doing an AjaxCall I need to authenticate, or am I wrong? Is there any full documentation or an example about saving user settings with ajax?

Regards,

Michael

• PaoloT good point ;)

In that case, the error 100 might come from the settings name (name_first and not first_name)

micha80 

Instead of 

var apiURL = '/restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/current/user/profiles/name/first_name/set?restapi.response_format=json';

Use

var apiURL = '/restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/current/user/profiles/name/name_first/set?restapi.response_format=json';

Also, I believe it's worth checking if the following call:

https://<your_community_url>/restapi/vc/users/self/profiles

return a value for name_first as this example: 

<profile name="name_first" type="string">Olivier</profile>

Which I don't think it does on your community micha80 (I will reach out to you by email)

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi micha80 

can you share the actual REST call generated by that code? (Should be available in Chrome developer tools or equivalent)

Maybe val is not in the right format?

Thanks,

micha80
      Expert

HI Paolo,

I added a screen with all header informations.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

header.png
        PaoloT
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi micha80 

I cannot see any obvious reason for an error. I suggest to raise this as a support case to get it investigated.

Kind Regards,