Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Saving CSS results with a unexpected error

hiya, 

When I now save some custom CSS i get a red bar unexpected error showing. However the CSS saves and works as intended. I have run the CSS through a validator and its fine apart from a couple of minor things (which have been in the code for ages and did not previously cause an error) is the system a little buggy in regard to some css tags?

Or have other people expereinced this.

Thanks

R

MoniqueL
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Have you tried logging back out and in, going into studio and trying to save again? Your session may have ended and now studio won't save your changes until you log back in again.

Are you adding css into the skin > css section or is this css in another place, such as inside a custom component or annoucments modulue in the admin? If so, be sure that your css is inside a <style> tag and that the tag is closed at the end of your css  </style>

• thanks for replying...

changes were being saved and implemented that was the weird thing.

I was adding css to the css tab under the new skin css tab... oh well all fixed now - another quirk to the system

whatever it was cleared today and in the process wiped a load of changes - thankfully i was keeping all changes seperate so it didn't take a long time to get working again.

glotti
        Contributor

Hello,
        i get the same error as posted by the user Richard, but in my case, the system is not compiling the entire set of scss files.
        Yesterday happened tha same problem for the first time and this morning the issue was resolved automatically (I didn't anything in particular).
        This afternoon the problem came out again for the second time... there is always the pink bar in the top of the page (Skin / my file scss) with the message:

" An Unexpected Error has occurred."

I tried to log out and login again to the backoffice, but the problem remains.
        What can I do to avoid waiting for many hours as done yesterday?

Thanks in advance,
        Giulio