Forum Discussion

miikka
Maven
9 years ago

[SDK] Issues when validating plugin on server side

I did export the Studio plugin from our stage and did changes just in one email template file.

Then I run the command 'package-plugin' and the local validation went fine.

But when running the command 'submit-plugin --dryrun' I'm getting this error:

Failure Code: SKIN_INVALID_CSS_NAME
Failure Rule: CUSTOM_RULE
Failure Message: Skin skype in the plugin has a possible issue.
Failure Details: CSS file called skinmobile.css in a css directory should be named skin.css.

I haven't changed anything in the CSS files and there actually is a CSS file with name skinmobile.css but also a file skin.css in the folder 'mobile/css'. But the interesting fact is that skinmobile.css is zero bytes (in other words, empty) so it was probably created when I exported the Studio plugin from the stage (skin.css in the same folder has the actual CSS definitions).

I'm planning to try to delete the file skinmobile.css and then try the server-side validation again but wanted to flag this as there might be some issue with exporting the CSS files for mobile.

Our stage is running version 15.10.

• Replying to myself, when I deleted the skinmobile.css file the error did not occur anymore (as I expected).

But as I did not change anything in the CSS files, to me it sounds something gets broken in the process when exporting the Studio plugin from stage and then when validating effectively the same package on the server side (on the stage).

miikka
      Maven

This issue seems to be happening with SDK version 1.0.2 and Lithium version 15.11 still.

In short, when exporting the assets from stage with 'li export-studio-plugin' empty files named 'skinmobile.css' get created in all 'skins/[SKIN_NAME]/mobile/css' folders.

And then when packaging the same very files and validating against the stage server with 'li submit-plugin --dryrun' you get this:

Failure Message: Skin skype in the plugin has a possible issue.
      Failure Details: CSS file called skinmobile.css in a css directory should be named skin.css.

Failure Message: Skin skyperedesign in the plugin has a possible issue.

Then you just need to delete those empty files names skinmobile.css and validation works again.

Sounds like a bug to me.

Cheers,

.M