Forum Discussion

jaread83
Champion
8 years ago

SDK li create-project command produces an error

Hi all,

I recently learned about the SDK and am quite interested in getting it set up as purely working in Studio has broken me.

I followed all the steps required to get node and the Lithium SDK installed and then moved on to creating my project directory using li create-project.

After inputting the foldername, staging url (including the https) and SDK token, it goes through the motions and then shows this error (personal info removed):

npm WARN lithiumsdk3@ license should be a valid SPDX license expression
npm ERR! Darwin 15.6.0
npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/Users/xxxx/.npm-packages/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! node v4.4.2
npm ERR! npm  v4.0.5
npm ERR! path /Volumes/Git/lithiumsdk3/node_modules/lithium-sdk/node_modules/abbrev
npm ERR! code EXDEV
npm ERR! errno -18
npm ERR! syscall rename

npm ERR! EXDEV: cross-device link not permitted, rename '/Volumes/Git/lithiumsdk3/node_modules/lithium-sdk/node_modules/abbrev' -> '/Volumes/Git/lithiumsdk3/node_modules/abbrev'
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR!     <https://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /Volumes/Git/lithiumsdk3/npm-debug.log
[16:53:31] Error while creating lithiumsdk3

I have tried using node 6.x.x and tried downgrading it to 4.x.x to see if it would work but I always get the same result with this error.

Has anyone else encountered this? Would really like to get this set up.

I can provide the full debug if that is what you would need?

Many thanks,

Jack

• Hi Jack, 

Provided you have Node v4.x installed, git is available in the command line and you've followed the steps in the documentation you should be good.

From the error you're getting it would appear it's permissions related, I've found you sometimes need to run the command with sudo to get it to go through.

Try:

sudo li create-project

Let me know how you get on,

jaread83
      Champion

Hi RobertT, I already tried using the sudo command in case it was due to permissions but the same error appears unfortunately. My node is currently set to 6.10.0 - does it need to be 4.x for this to work?

RobertT
        Boss

jaread83 I'd recommend NodeJS 4.x which is what I use, I've seen some odd quirks with 6.x so I'm not sure that's fully supported yet.