Forum Discussion

sachin
Mentor
8 years ago

[SDK] unable to update the text keys in property file via SDK

Hi,

I exported the plugin using SDK and then tried to make changes in existing custom text keys using SDK and was able to successfully push the plugin. However the changes were not getting reflected in the community. When I searched for the text key it showed me old value.

Has any one tried it. Let me know if this is a bug or existing limitation.

Thanks,
Sachin 

• Sachin it is a limitation as you cannot override custom text keys through SDK .

Thanks

• sachin - Check out this article. It also states the following -

When editing text in Studio or the SDK, be sure that you are editing the value of the text key value, not the text key identifier. If you change the identifier, you will break the underlying page code and cause an error in the community.

I hope this helps.

• Hi sachin

I am not sure about the text keys but normally (I mean like components/endpoints/quilts) if you exported and edited in the local and submit it, it will not override. If you want to override you need to delete that component and upload it again(which will have your code) or you can clear the studio and perform development through SDK using clear commands. Please go through the SDK document  for more details.

Hope this may :)

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark as solution if it answers your query.

Thanks,
    Srujana Satya