Forum Discussion

cpoh
Adept
12 years ago

Search label text for the search form

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Lithium,

From looking at other sites made with lithium, I can see how powerful the platform can be.

However, I find the documentation hard to navigate and references are hard to find.

Specifically, how to I get placeholder text on top of the search bar, on the search form?

I've seen on some sites, that the label has an "ontop" class, but I don't really know where to find how to change this.

On a general level, where should I be looking for this information without looking on the forum?

• cpoh wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Lithium,

From looking at other sites made with lithium, I can see how powerful the platform can be.

However, I find the documentation hard to navigate and references are hard to find.

Specifically, how to I get placeholder text on top of the search bar, on the search form?

I've seen on some sites, that the label has an "ontop" class, but I don't really know where to find how to change this.

On a general level, where should I be looking for this information without looking on the forum?

For the text on the search box, i believe its a resource key:

form.SearchForm.field.messageSearchField.default.text = Search the Community

JasonL
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

cpoh wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Lithium,

For the text on the search box, i believe its a resource key:

form.SearchForm.field.messageSearchField.default.text = Search the Community