Forum Discussion

msavage
Expert
12 years ago

Searchable video gallery - any ideas?

I've got a collection of videos that I'd like to tile on across a layout, while making each one individually searchable.  I could load them into a custom component to display, but I can't think of a way to pass them into the native search results.  My best idea is to maybe place them as individual articles on a custom category layout so they can be found in search, then limit the article content to just some descriptive text and the video and have that display as a lightbox, but that seems a little janky to me.

The other alternative I've imagined is to use the native video uploading/gallery functionality to create a gallery with an official or bot account, then link directly to that gallery in the site navigation.  I haven't tested anything w/ video galleries yet, so I have no idea if those will appear in search if they're publicly listed.  If so, that might be the best option, even if the module needs to be hacked into something custom for our community.

Has anyone tried out anything along those lines?

• A follow up question for anyone who's interested. Search integration seems like an overly complex request at this time. I'm open to any suggestions on good video gallery ideas- both gallery plugins and what page type(s) in Lithium might be the most accommodating to this layout/content.