Forum Discussion

micha80
Expert
9 years ago

Set "requires moderation flag" via REST API

Hello,

we want to build the moderation of messages our own way and actually the moderator has a list with unmoderated messages which he can individually approve. For this I use the REST API call: /messages/id/${messageId}/moderation/approve

But when a moderator appoved a message it is still marked with the red flag "required moderation".

Then I had a look into the moderation status of the message and it says "approved". So what do I have to do to remove the "required moderation" flag?

Regards,

Michael

• Hi Michael,
    The per message moderation process as enabled via "Admin - Mod tools" and which involves approving/denying messages via the Moderation manager is what you are serving with the /moderation/approve REST API call correctly.

The other "Unread by a moderator" flow on the actual board that is the base for showing the red "RM" flag is totally separate and independent from that. Interestingly it's not enough to just mark all messages in the topic as read through a user with the moderator role. I suspect that the "message_status" resource could be helpful, but unfortunately all my attempts to read it were thanked with a 303 "Permission Denied".

Would love to hear from a Lithium oracle if the RM tag can actually be written via REST API at all. Because if it cannot it's idea submission and vote time :)

luk
      Boss

ClaudiusH is there a way to get the RM flag somehow via REST API (for a topic/thread ideally)? The moderation functionalities of both v1 and v2 do not seem to correlate with the RM flag shown to moderators on topic lists (and probably board lists)...

ClaudiusH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

The moderation status as indicated by the red  icon (or the red sidebar on responsive OOTB skin) for moderators is currently not exposed via any of the APIs. 

Depending on your scenario you might be able to work around by enabling post moderation on the respective node and then working with the moderation_status field from within the messages collection.

• Does anyone has an idea how to handle this?

Regards,

Michael