Forum Discussion

• We ran into the same issue, it's more pronounced if your community is full site SSL enabled (HTTPS). Most browsers won't allow the CSS to load from your local machine as they see this as insecure.

The workaround for this unfortunately is a bit involved and requires you setting up an Apache Web Server on your local machine, creating symbolic links to the required directories in the SDK files and configuring SSL for the local web server.

For example instead of http://localhost:9000/skin_name/skin.css our staging environment now points to https://localhost/skin_name/skin.css wich works.

Can you confirm if your staging site is https:// enabled?

Lindsey
      Leader

Yes it is SSL enabled. However I dont believe that is the issue. It did allow me to use localhost:9000/ as the skin URL when I followed the steps because I saw in the head tag it was using that URL, and going to that URL had content - it was just the wrong folder (web/ folder). I think this is is because I cannot set up responsive options to point to the correct folder, because running "li set-responsive-options" fails because it thinks our custom skin is not a responsive skin, because we do not have all of our skins in Studio downloaded into the SDK, so it thinks the skin our custom skin depends on (Support Theme) is not based on a responsive skin.

SuzieH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lindsey I just replied to your related thread about exporting the Support Theme skin. It is a bug that we do not support this with the SDK. Services originally implemented Themes and we missed supporting it with the SDK. I've checked with Engineering and we don't see a workaround. I'm filing a bug report for this now. Considering that we don't have a solution for you, I will be bugging the product manager to prioritize this. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

• Did you find the cause of the issue? I noticed when I opened localhost:9000 it was pointing to the web/ folder instead of the folder that contains the SCSS so I think that is what is causing the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it

AdamA
      Khoros Oracle

Hello srinivaskiranp and Lindsey ,

When running "li serve-sass" the code attempts to 1.) compile the SASS code for the specified skin, 2.) output the compiled CSS into a local directory, 3.) start a local server that serves the CSS from the local directory.

For item 1, you can determine the specified skin by locating the "server.conf.json" in the SDK folder and looking at the value of the "localSkinCompileSkin" property. Alternatively, you can start the serve-sass command in debug mode using the following command:

li serve-sass --debug

In the output there will be "skinPath: /some/path/to/skin.scss" that specifies the location of the skin file that is being compiled. If this file does not exist then the skin will not compile.

For item 2 you can use the debug command again. In the output there will "compiling skin to /some/path/to/compiled.css". You can check to see if this path exists, if not then there was an issue with the compilation of the skin.

Please reply back with the debug information if you are still having trouble getting this to work.

Lindsey
        Leader

I think the issue is that I do not have all the skins downloaded that exist in Studio. We have a custom skin that I am trying to set this up for that depends on a skin a Khoros support engineer added for us called Support Theme. Support Theme ultimately depends on a responsive skin. But when I run li set-responsive-options, it fails because it does not know that our custom skin is depending on a responsive skin.

How can I download all the skins in Studio into the SDK?