Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
5 years ago

Setting for subject line length on ForumPage

On the ForumPage where there is a list of forum topics, the subject line gets cut off about halfway and "..." is added to the end. We would like the subject line to extend as far down the width as possible. This is not something I can change in the CSS because the actual text itself has been shortened (I think you can query the shortened version of the subject in the REST API). I am attaching a screenshot what this looks like on our community.

Is there a setting we can change to allow the subject line to extend longer? If not, is there any other solution for this?

• Poked around here a bit more, and I confirmed my suspicion that this requires a support case. See How can I expand the subject line on posts? (relevant bit of that thread pasted below, too)

If you submit a support case we can increase the character count before cutoff. Just be sure to note you want the "layout.truncate_length.message_subject" setting increased.

• I am pretty sure we had to ask support to increase the subject line length in our community. I can't find the support case, but I have a vague recollection of having to ask someone. Worth a try, anyway!

CarolineS
      Boss

Poked around here a bit more, and I confirmed my suspicion that this requires a support case. See How can I expand the subject line on posts? (relevant bit of that thread pasted below, too)

If you submit a support case we can increase the character count before cutoff. Just be sure to note you want the "layout.truncate_length.message_subject" setting increased.