Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Sh** Filter: Can I remove words from banned words list?

A user is reporting an error that I find quite humorous. 

Is there a way to disable which words are filtered here?  With this B2B community, we don't see bad-word-usernames being a problem.

• I believe this is controlled by Mod Tools -> Content Filters

In the settings, "apply this filter to", I would guess you have "user" in there, remove that and it will work (I think).

Right now ours is set to "message,notes,chat,tag,user,label,media,socialmedia,captions" but we have SSO enabled so nobody can change their name/email on their end.

• I believe this is controlled by Mod Tools -> Content Filters

In the settings, "apply this filter to", I would guess you have "user" in there, remove that and it will work (I think).

Right now ours is set to "message,notes,chat,tag,user,label,media,socialmedia,captions" but we have SSO enabled so nobody can change their name/email on their end.

keithkelly
      Leader
      Looking through the word lists, and learned a lot of new words… But… *sh*** is under the “login” category, which doesn’t have the Settings button…

[cid:image002.png@01D91A49.F67CF760]

I’ll just change that to only leave the trailing asterisk, so usernames can’t start with Sh** and we’ll cross that bridge if we get there…

Thanks for the tip! I’ll reply back once I verify this did the trick!
  • We have same issue where a user in our Support team had all their posts flagged as they signed each with their name and the login flag prevented the user's account from being migrated from our old Community. 

Khoros support was unable to associate the posts with the user's new account, but maybe there's a way to do that through API...