Forum Discussion

Willem
Guide
8 years ago

Showing a custom list of messages

Hi,

On the idea page i try to 'group' the status update posts, and put them on top of the comments.

I tried 2 paths, both failing due (my) lack of lithium specific API knowledge.

So i hope you guys can help me out.

Case

current situation:
[New idea] 

[comment #1]

[comment #2]

[comment #3]

[Status update #1] 

[comment #4]

[Status update #2] 

prefered situation:

[New idea] 

[Status update #1] 

[Status update #2] 

[comment #1]

[comment #2]

[comment #3]

[comment #4]

What did i do so far:

option 1:

<custom component>

<#assign results_list_size = 20 />
<#assign rest_query = "select * from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth>0 and topic.id='${idea_id}' and subject matches 'Status changed' limit "+ results_list_size />
<@component id="forums.widget.message-list-panel" messages="rest_2.0:/search?q="+rest_query?url style="wide" numMessages="conv:"+results_list_size />

This works but now i get the status updates nicely in a list panel. I can't seem to find the widget that allows to show a message object to show as a message. Does it even excists?

Option 2:

<custom compontent>

<#assign statusUpdates = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "select * from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth>0 and topic.id='${idea_id}' and subject matches 'Status changed' limit 300"?url)/>
<#if statusUpdates.data?has_content>
	<#list statusUpdates.data.items as thread>
		<#attempt>
			<#assign userRef         	               = thread.author.id/>
			<#assign threadID       	               = thread.id/>
			<#assign body        		               = thread.body!""/>
			<#assign postTimeFrienly 	       = thread.post_time_friendly!""/>
<#assign new_status = ??????/>
<#assign if_edited_original_author = ??????/> <div class="statusUpdates"> ${userRef}-${threadID}-${body}-${postTimeFrienly} </div> </#attempt> </#list> </#if>

The only thing i can find is the CURRENT status of the parent (the original Idea) but not to what status this post it updated to. I guess the status update 'created' a new post, but i can't seem to find how to get the status updated states. 

Does any one know how to achieve this nicely?  ( i can 'extract' it from the message subject, but that wouldnt be a nice solution)
This still leaves me how to get the post/edited history of a message.

I would prefer to get a solution option 1 style. if that cant do option2  would still be a nice work around.

• Try this:

<#assign max_image_width = settings.name.get("layout.message_body_image_max_size", "1000") />
    <#assign image_resize_css = "lia-message-body-content" />
    <#assign rest_query = "select * from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth > 0 and topic.id='${idea_id}' and subject matches 'Status changed' limit "+ results_list_size />
    <#assign statusUpdates = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "select * from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth>0 and topic.id='${idea_id}' and subject matches 'Status changed' limit 300"?url)/>
      <#list statusUpdates.data.items as message>
        <#assign rest_call = "rest_2.0:/messages/" + message.id />
        <@component id="forums.widget.comment-message-view" message=rest_call maxWidth=max_image_width resizeCss=image_resize_css />
      </#list>
    </#if>

Does that work for what you are trying to do?

-Doug

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

Try this:

<#assign max_image_width = settings.name.get("layout.message_body_image_max_size", "1000") />
    <#assign image_resize_css = "lia-message-body-content" />
    <#assign rest_query = "select * from messages where conversation.style='idea' and depth > 0 and topic.id='${idea_id}' and subject matches 'Status changed' limit "+ results_list_size />
      <#list statusUpdates.data.items as message>
        <#assign rest_call = "rest_2.0:/messages/" + message.id />
        <@component id="forums.widget.comment-message-view" message=rest_call maxWidth=max_image_width resizeCss=image_resize_css />
      </#list>
    </#if>

Does that work for what you are trying to do?

-Doug

Willem
      Guide
      Hi Doug,

That is exactly what i try to do.
      Cheers!

To make it myself and you more easy next time.. is there somewhere some documantation of what widgets/OOB components are available and what parameters they do require?

kind regards,
      Willem
    DougS
    Khoros Oracle
    I'm not aware of such a list, but would be nice to have one. Perhaps we could add a TKB article with useful/commonly used components.
      Willem
      Guide

Hi DougS,

Just a follow up question,

it seems 

<@component id="forums.widget.comment-message-view" ... />

Doesnt work (smoothly) for Mobile.

Can you tell me what widget i have to use for Mobile?

Kind regards,

Willem