Forum Discussion

Liam_M
Guide
8 years ago

Status update comment on idea posts

Hi,

When changing the status status of an idea on an idea board, moderators have the option to make a comment with the status change. I can see from the product ideas board on the Lithium community that it's possible to have the last status change comment appear at the top of an idea page, separate to the comments list. However I can't see how this is achieved.

I haven't been able to see a component that shows this information. I  also can't see any field within the message collection, that shows whether a given reply was a status change or what the latest status change comment for an idea message was.

How can I highlight the latest status change comment on an idea on our idea exchange?

• Liam_M -

The only difference between normal comment and status change comment is its Subject. 

Status change comment add status as a suffix to the subject of the reply. e.g if moderator change the status of idea to Under Consideration, it will add under consideration suffix to the subject. The subject of that reply will look like this RE: idea subject - under consideration. 

You can fetch this record using the matches query. 

select *  from messages where topic.id = 'idea-id' and subject matches "Under Consideration" order by post_time DESC limit 1

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query

Tariq

• Liam_M -

The only difference between normal comment and status change comment is its Subject. 

Status change comment add status as a suffix to the subject of the reply. e.g if moderator change the status of idea to Under Consideration, it will add under consideration suffix to the subject. The subject of that reply will look like this RE: idea subject - under consideration. 

You can fetch this record using the matches query. 

select *  from messages where topic.id = 'idea-id' and subject matches "Under Consideration" order by post_time DESC limit 1

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query

Tariq