Forum Discussion

tester3
Adept
11 years ago

Sticky post

Hello,

I'm wondering what defines a thread or post as a "sticky" thread or post via the API? I'm trying to make the correct API call to get the sticky status of a thread or post, so that I can theme it differently than the ones that aren't sticky.

Also, note that I've search this forum for the word "sticky" without relavant search results, so it may just be that my terminology is incorrect for Lithium.

Thank you.

• Hi tester3,

As Chris mentioned, "sticky" threads are called "floated" threads in Lithium. These are tracked as subscriptions, and can be retreived via the REST API. If you want to check if a thread is floated, you can use the following method:

lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/rest-api/bd-p/developers-rest-api?leaf-id=MessageDiscussion.subscriptions#MessageDiscussion.subscriptions.global.type.subscription_type

(Sorry for the weird formatting, I'm getting errors when I try to post links)

For example:

/restapi/vc/threads/id/4811/subscriptions/global/type/float

This would check to see if the thread that has an id of 4811 is floated.

There's also a way to get all of the floated threads for a board:

lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/rest-api/bd-p/developers-rest-api?leaf-id=Board.subscriptions#Board.subscriptions.global.subscription_type.subscription_target_type

For example:

/restapi/vc/boards/id/testboardx/subscriptions/global/float/thread

I hope this helps!

AdamN
    Khoros Oracle

Hi tester3,

As Chris mentioned, "sticky" threads are called "floated" threads in Lithium. These are tracked as subscriptions, and can be retreived via the REST API. If you want to check if a thread is floated, you can use the following method:

lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/rest-api/bd-p/developers-rest-api?leaf-id=MessageDiscussion.subscriptions#MessageDiscussion.subscriptions.global.type.subscription_type

(Sorry for the weird formatting, I'm getting errors when I try to post links)

For example:

/restapi/vc/threads/id/4811/subscriptions/global/type/float

This would check to see if the thread that has an id of 4811 is floated.

There's also a way to get all of the floated threads for a board:

lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/rest-api/bd-p/developers-rest-api?leaf-id=Board.subscriptions#Board.subscriptions.global.subscription_type.subscription_target_type

For example:

/restapi/vc/boards/id/testboardx/subscriptions/global/float/thread

I hope this helps!