Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Strange choices in search result

Anyone has an idea how to fix this pls?

A community manager did a search on the front page and ended up on the following search page:

When they clicked on "Plats" they got a strange list where Sweden is not included, see image below:

Infogad bild 1

How come? In staging it is available, see below. On the other hand, Finland is missing in Staging

Infogad bild 2

How do you switch them on and off? So Finland and Sweden are shown both on live and staging pls? Would be grateful for any tips.

Marianne
  • The most likely explanation is that the "Sweden" category has some permission restrictions which hide it. The search's "Location" filter is created based on the current user's (or the default user's if there's no member signed in) permission set. I can access https://community.visma.com/t5/Sverige/ct-p/community_sw though which I think is the category you are missing.

Another option could be that you checked the "Hide from lists and menus" property for the "Sweden" node on the community structure admin screen. You might want to check that as well.
  • Marianne80
    Images are missing. Are you talking about location option? See here
    If yes, these options are coming from community structure. i.e.  on production, Denmark and Finland are categories created in community structure but might be Sweden is not. Also same in case of staging. So can you please check the community structure. 

ClaudiusH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)
    The most likely explanation is that the "Sweden" category has some permission restrictions which hide it. The search's "Location" filter is created based on the current user's (or the default user's if there's no member signed in) permission set. I can access https://community.visma.com/t5/Sverige/ct-p/community_sw though which I think is the category you are missing.

Another option could be that you checked the "Hide from lists and menus" property for the "Sweden" node on the community structure admin screen. You might want to check that as well.