Forum Discussion

jaread83
Champion
9 years ago

Text key for granular search

Hi all,

I am trying to find the text keys that are used in the granular search but I can't seem to find them. I noticed someone else asked this questions a while ago but never got an answer to their initial question.

http://community.lithium.com/t5/Developers-Discussion/Change-selected-value-for-search-form-granularity-dropdown-list/m-p/164591#M6528

I would assume the text in the granular search are text keys but I am unable to locate them. I have seen some other communities have managed to change this setting but whether that is a backend change done by Lithium or a text key isn't clear to me. I have had to use Javascript to replace the text value for the options but i'd rather not do that if its possible to just change them in Studio.

• Hi jaread83,

you can determine the text keys for the granular search by using the advanced text editor in Studio:

Studio > Text Editor > Advanced > Show text keys

After hitting the button your community texts are temporaly replaced by their text keys. This setting only affects your current user. The dropdown should now looks similiar to this:

If the text keys arem't be listed within your text key list, you can simple add the key and override the default text.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christian

• Hi jaread83,

you can determine the text keys for the granular search by using the advanced text editor in Studio:

Studio > Text Editor > Advanced > Show text keys

After hitting the button your community texts are temporaly replaced by their text keys. This setting only affects your current user. The dropdown should now looks similiar to this:

If the text keys arem't be listed within your text key list, you can simple add the key and override the default text.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christian

jaread83
      Champion

That is exactly what I was looking for! I didn't even know that existed and I think I am going to be using that a lot from now on.

Many thanks