Forum Discussion

4 years ago

The old developer documentation

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has screenshots of the old dev docs, api 1 and 2 overviews, before the overhaul that changed it completely to the current view.

Doing a feedback session with Khoros and I'd like to demonstrate how the current navigation drives me nuts and the old way made it so much easier to find what I was looking for.

Been using this community for a little over eight years and now I still have trouble finding the right api 2 overviews and navigating the pages.

• I actually find it easier now with the tiles overview on the "Khoros Communities" node on dev docs:

For me I use the two rightmost tiles nowadays. Which makes sense since - like you - I've been developing for 8 years on the platform so I don't need the getting started content.

Prior to the 2021 overhaul I used what felt like two or three more clicks to find the v2 collection documentation or the odd v1 API doc. So for me it's an improvement.

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

PerBonomi TariqHussain Thanks for this initial feedback. I'd love to speak with you two (and any other Devs out there) and walk through your experience and frustrations. I will reach out to you privately.

For any other devs, please feel free to reach out to me via private message to SuzieH or via documentation@khoros.com. I would love to set up a Zoom/Skype call to hear more.

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi PerBonomi 

I think we made a mistake by nesting the individual LiQL reference pages under the collection index page. Also, I think we should also uplevel the FreeMarker object index on the new Community landing page on developer.khoros.com.

Here are a few quick useful links to bookmark:

Claudius
      Boss

While you are here, Suzie: Any idea why the LiQL collection articles don't show up in the search? E.g. I wanted to suggest Per to use search, but the messages collection do shows up nowhere there. See following screenshot (and while you are looking at search can you disable the "Discussions" tab since that seems to be the ReadMe.com "Discussions" feature and always shows ip empty):

SuzieH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Claudius I played around some more and it does appear -- but it gets buried. Here are screenshots of what worked for me. 

Note that the LiQL reference uses the collection name -- which is plural (e.g. messages vs message). Also, filtering to the Guides section for when you need LiQL reference will narrow the results down

Also, I'm not sure why the search results don't for the LiQL reference docs don't include the subtitle that indicates what the guide includes. That seems to be a bug.