Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Third Party Analytics

Bit of a newbie on this so forgive me if I'm asking a silly question :smileyembarrassed:

I'm looking to track the activity from our Lithium Community and Ideas Bank to our third-party analytics suite - we're using Adobe Site Catalyst.

So, just wondered if anyone had any advice for setting this up on our Lithiuim forum? I tracked down a previous thread about Google Analytics, so I just wondered if it worked in the same way - adding the tracking code into the CSS Wrapper area?

Any tips or advice on how to set all this up would be greatly appreciated!!

• Hey,

Firstly let me say kudos on using site catalyst, the best paid for analytics package in my oppinion however i do love Google Analytics :) I have personally not deployed ASC on our community and use GA today but when i asked during our launch process i was advised that the tracking code be is GA, ASC or another else is added in the same way. 

Things may have change in the past 6 months since we did but i havent seen anything to suggest it has.

Thanks 

AdamN
    Khoros Oracle

Hi MichelleLouise,

It definitely sounds like you're on the right track. It is common to add third party analytics and similar tracking code to the "Hitbox" section of the skin wrapper.

To do this, go into Studio and browse to "Community Style". Choose the skin you want to work with (consider whether you want the code to appear for Desktop, Mobile, or both), and then select the "Wrapper" tab. Enter your code into the "Page Hitbox Content" section.

Some relevant TKB articles that may help:

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/skins-and-assets/Edit-the-page-wrapper/ta-p/109069

https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs/using-a-third-party-metric-tracker-other-than-built-in-or-omniture

• That's great, thanks guys! Will be sure to come back if I have any more questions :smileytongue: