Forum Discussion

jaread83
Champion
8 years ago

Total Kudos Givers

Hi,

We recently implemented a rank that grants the user 2 points per kudos.

I have a component that is supposed to do a count of the amount of users and this worked fine until we granted the thanks weight.

I see it was answered in this post but the user had the exact same problem as me and noone came back to answer the OP:

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Developer-Discussion/Count-of-kudo-givers-to-a-particular-post/m-p/204236#M9166

So my question is basically the answer that was not given on the last reply in that thread. Is there a way to count the amount of kudos givers rather than the total points.

Thanks

• jaread83 - Found two errors in your query . 

<#assign kudosCount = rest(apiVersion,"/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM kudos where message.id = messageId limit kudosCountFirst"?url).data.items![] />

messageId and kudosCountFirst are treated as string as you must need to wrap freemaker variable with ${}. Second you need to wrap messageId in quotes.  

Updated Query : 

<#assign kudosCount = rest(apiVersion,"/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM kudos where message.id = '${messageId}' limit ${kudosCountFirst}"?url).data.items![] />

PS : I don't drink beer :smileyvery-happy:

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.

Tariq

• jaread83 - LIQL doesn't support count(*) for KUDOS. It is not possible to achieve this using one query . 

However you still can get the exact result . You will need to get the kudos count and pass it to the limit of next query as kudos count will always be greater than giver count. 

/restapi/vc/messages/id/1894/kudos/count/
    select * from kudos where message.id = 'message.id' and limit <kudos count value>

Let me know if this helps.

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query

Tariq

jaread83
      Champion

Hi TariqHussain, thanks for the advice. I have got it to half work but I need to convert the API v2 call to a number in order to apply some logic to it.

Is there a way to convert it to a number so I can get the count?

Basically, what I am trying to do is count the amount of kudos for a message, list the users who gave the kudos and cut it off at a specific number to add a 'and X amount of others'. Here is my code with your implementation:

<#assign messageId = env.context.message.uniqueId />
      <#if messageId?? && messageId gt 0>
          <#assign apiVersion = "2.0"/>
          <#assign cutoff = 10 />
          <#assign counter = 0 />
          <#attempt>
              <#assign users = rest("/messages/id/${messageId}/kudos/givers?page_size=${cutoff}").users />
          <#recover>
              <#assign users = "" />
          </#attempt>
          <#attempt>
              <#assign kudosCountFirst = rest("/messages/id/${messageId}/kudos/count").value />
              <#assign kudosCount = rest(apiVersion,"/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM kudos where message.id = messageId limit kudosCountFirst"?url).data.items![] />
          <#recover>
              <#assign kudosCountFirst = "" />
              <#assign kudosCount = "" />
          </#attempt>
          <#assign remaining = kudosCount?number - cutoff?number /> 
          <#if users??>
      <#if kudosCount?number gte 1 ><span class="kudosgivers hidden">${kudosCount} <#if kudosCount?number == 1>user<#else>users</#if> liked/thanked this post:
      <#list users.user as kudosGiver><#assign counter = counter+1 />${kudosGiver.login}<#if counter?number == cutoff?number && kudosCount?number gte cutoff?number+1>... and ${remaining} other <#if remaining == 1> user<#else>users</#if>. <#else><#if counter?number == kudosCount?number>. <#else>, </#if></#if></#list>
      <#if kudosCount?number gte cutoff?number+1 >Click the number to view who else liked/thanked this post.</#if></span></#if>
          </#if>
      </#if>

I hope you sre able to help. This is a bit of a head scratcher for me at the moment.

This is what the end result should look like:

With the Kudos weight added for some users, this throws it all off though.

TariqHussain
        Boss

jaread83 - Do you want to count the which that you are fetching from API V2? 

You can use ?size context object to count the size of array .  

<#assign remaining = kudosCount?size?number - cutoff?number /> 

You can also achieve this with below code.

<#assign kudosQuery = rest(apiVersion,"/search?q=" + "SELECT * FROM kudos where message.id = messageId limit kudosCountFirst"?url).data />
        <#assign kudoCount = kudosQuery.size />
        <#assign kudoResult = kudosQuery.items![] />

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query

Tariq