Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Typekit Fonts?

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a typekit font (Proxima Nova) in my community, which is currently on staging.  I've added the staging URL to the Typekit whitelist and pasted in the following code into the head wrapper in my skin.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//use.typekit.net/xxxxxx.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">try{Typekit.load();}catch(e){}</script>

I also updated the skin font properties, adding Proxima Nova in there. 

Unfortunately, this has not resulted in the font being used on the site.  Wondering if I'm doing this correctly?

Thanks!

• Hi Vincent

Using the Inspect Element function in Chrome you should be able to confirm the font face is loading from typekit (under resources tab) correctly and if so tweak the CSS font-family property on a heading to include Proxima Nova or what Typekit suggests for that font-family. 

I'd guess that adding the font-family to the theme skin in Studio isn't taking effect as you may have inherited CSS from another / built in theme. 

• Hi Vincent

Using the Inspect Element function in Chrome you should be able to confirm the font face is loading from typekit (under resources tab) correctly and if so tweak the CSS font-family property on a heading to include Proxima Nova or what Typekit suggests for that font-family. 

I'd guess that adding the font-family to the theme skin in Studio isn't taking effect as you may have inherited CSS from another / built in theme. 

vincent-au
      Adept
      Hi Chris... you're right about the built/in theme overriding it. A test skin based on the "base" loads the font, but one based on any other core font doesn't -- even if i add in css to the skin to define the fonts.

Thanks!