Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Unable to Authenticate using API V2

Hi,

I have the Token and the Client ID for my organisation and able to get the reports from the Bulk API call. But when I try to authenticate via API V2, I get an error that I am not authorised to make this request. Could you please help me with this?

I am using the Community Domain for my org as Community.anaplan.com.

• Hi koushikniranjan 

The Token and the Client ID you are trying to use is the one for BulK data API authorizations while you are trying to make a request to community API, you need to create and use the community Token and the Client ID, to get the community token and client ID you can follow the following steps:

Register your Community web app, you must have a role with the Manage API Apps permission set to Grant.

To register your web app:

1. Log in to your Community and navigate to Community Admin > System > API Apps.
    2. Click Create Web App.
      The Create API App modal appears.
    1. Add a Display Name to identify your web app in Community Admin.
    2. Add the Authorization Redirect URL indicating where to take the user after successful authentication.
    3. Click Save.
      Your Client ID and Client Secret are displayed in the API Apps tab.

Link to the documentation: https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs/api-keys

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution.

Regards

Tarun Kumar

• Hi koushikniranjan 

The Token and the Client ID you are trying to use is the one for BulK data API authorizations while you are trying to make a request to community API, you need to create and use the community Token and the Client ID, to get the community token and client ID you can follow the following steps:

Register your Community web app, you must have a role with the Manage API Apps permission set to Grant.

To register your web app:

1. Log in to your Community and navigate to Community Admin > System > API Apps.
    2. Click Create Web App.
      The Create API App modal appears.
    1. Add a Display Name to identify your web app in Community Admin.
    2. Add the Authorization Redirect URL indicating where to take the user after successful authentication.
    3. Click Save.
      Your Client ID and Client Secret are displayed in the API Apps tab.

Link to the documentation: https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs/api-keys

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution.

Regards

Tarun Kumar

• Thank you for sharing the steps and process Tarun. I am going to give this a try and come back if I have any queries.

Regards,

Koushik N