Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Unable to post Published blog posts via API (started recently)

Hi!

We have an integration that posts blog posts via API. However, recently the integration has started only posting DRAFTS, not published posts. Has anyone else encountered this? It might have started with the 23.8 release, or maybe before (our relevant integration only runs periodically).

User: full admin user (well, typically the integration runs with lesser permissions, but we tested as a full admin and the same problem happens)

The call: /api/2.0/messages/

Payload:

'data': {
            'type': 'message',
            'subject': title,
            'body': body,
            'board': {
                'id': '[BOARD ID REDACTED]'
            }
        }

The user does successfully authenticate and post, but the post is set as a draft instead of published. The user is a full admin and hence has publishing permissions.

If you've encountered this, please let me know! Will give ammo to my support case 🙂 (or maybe you've figured out a solution? that'd be great too)

Cheers!

• Hi,

We encountered the same behavior. We added the following to the data object

content_workflow_action: {
       workflow_action: "publish"
    }

I found this article, Content Workflow API Updates are Here 

You will need to add this when creating and updating if you do not want it in the draft state. I did not find any references as to what the allowed values of workflow_action are.

Hope that helps.

• Hi,

We encountered the same behavior. We added the following to the data object

content_workflow_action: {
       workflow_action: "publish"
    }

I found this article, Content Workflow API Updates are Here 

You will need to add this when creating and updating if you do not want it in the draft state. I did not find any references as to what the allowed values of workflow_action are.

Hope that helps.

CarolineS
      Boss

THANK YOU! Weird that this worked without setting the workflow_action until very recently (when that article is from 2021) - but this seems like the issue. We will try shortly!

I do note that AURORA has some recent updates regarding the blog workflow - perhaps the API changed because of that (which is no good...) (here's the relevant post: Community Aurora 23.9 Release Notes )