Forum Discussion

vmann
Contributor
2 years ago

Unexpected Data Dates in API Exports using Combined Endpoint - Seeking Guidance

Hello Khoros Community,

I've been working with the Khoros API, specifically using the combined endpoint (/api/public/reports/report/combined), to export data for specific date ranges. I've encountered an issue that I hope someone here might help clarify.

Issue: When exporting data for certain days (e.g., August 18th, 2023) using the mentioned endpoint, the returned data contains entries from dates outside of the specified range, such as September 10th, 2023. (Created Date)

Details:

• I am using the epoch milliseconds format for the startTime and endTime query parameters. For instance, for August 18th, 2023, I've verified the following:
    • startTime: 1692331200000 (corresponding to 2023-08-18 00:00:00 UTC)
    • endTime: 1692417599000 (corresponding to 2023-08-18 23:59:59 UTC)
  • Other mandatory parameters like companyKey are set correctly.
  • The reportFormat is set to JSON.
  • The requests seem to be structured correctly based on the API documentation and are being sent to the aforementioned endpoint.

Despite setting the date ranges correctly, the exported data includes entries from dates outside of the requested range. I've double-checked the epoch timestamps, the request structure, and the endpoint, and everything seems to be in order.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with this endpoint? Is there something I might be overlooking in how the API interprets date ranges, or any known quirks that could explain this behavior?

Any insights, guidance, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

No RepliesBe the first to reply