Forum Discussion

Inactive User
4 years ago

Upgrading to Forums 5, now the reply subjects aren't showing

We use a custom article layout. In Forums 4.xx and below, 

<@component id="message-view.widget.subject" disableSubjectLink="true"/>

Worked fine to show the Re: subject line

However, in Forums 5 the subject line doesn't snow. Is there a new component or is this a bug? 

This is the sort of thing that drives me crazy about Khoros community. Things, inlcuding customizations work fine, until one day, without proper documentation, things are updated and then don't work anymore.

Inactive User
    4 years ago

I wound up just making a LiQL call for the subject and echoed it. 

<#assign apiVersion = "2.0"/>
    <#assign featuresQuery = "SELECT subject FROM messages WHERE id='${env.context.message.uniqueId}'"/>
    <#assign subjects = rest(apiVersion, "/search?q=" + featuresQuery?url + "&restapi.response_style=view").data.items![] /> 

<#list subjects as subject>
    <div class="lia-message-subject lia-component-message-view-widget-subject">
    <div class="MessageSubject">
    <h2 class="message-subject">
    <div class="lia-message-subject">
    ${subject.subject}
    </div>
    </h2>
    </div>
    </div>
    </#list>

Inactive User

I wound up just making a LiQL call for the subject and echoed it. 

<#assign apiVersion = "2.0"/>
    <#assign featuresQuery = "SELECT subject FROM messages WHERE id='${env.context.message.uniqueId}'"/>
    <#assign subjects = rest(apiVersion, "/search?q=" + featuresQuery?url + "&restapi.response_style=view").data.items![] /> 

<#list subjects as subject>
    <div class="lia-message-subject lia-component-message-view-widget-subject">
    <div class="MessageSubject">
    <h2 class="message-subject">
    <div class="lia-message-subject">
    ${subject.subject}
    </div>
    </h2>
    </div>
    </div>
    </#list>

MarkSchwanke
      Boss

Inactive User @Nice  I need to figure out how to do this.  It annoys me that replies don’t follow the subject of the root post. Also that when notifications go out that each comment has a reply subject.  I didn’t want people changing subjects as it gets confusing when people change the subject on a couple comments in a thread and then you start getting emails with a different subject and you get confused on the topic. The downside though by hiding the subject is that the body comes through as the subject so now instead of seeing the root post subject there is no subject.  I liked how Jive handled this, hoping I can figure this out and it will solve my issues.  Moved comments should assume the subject of the new thread they’re moved to.  IMHO 

Arg. Anyone else notice on mobile it adds an @ after a mention like above before nice?

JesseW-GD
      Leader

Hi AshaC. Is there any way at all to change the title of the reply on a post if it's using forums v5? Use case would be that sometimes we have to change the topic title for various reasons, but if a user arrives at the thread directly (permalink, search result, etc) the previous thread title will appear in the browser tab and any emails associated with that reply. Thanks!