Forum Discussion

11 months ago

URL Redirects

Hi

Posting under an alt as we're in the process of moving our community to Khoros from A N Other forum provider...

Currently we have a couple of friendly URLs community.secretinc.org/mainforum and community.secretinc.org/newideas

Ideally we'd like to use these same URLs to make it easier for our customers and marketing teams. Is this possible with Khoros? 

I've seen some ideas requests for this, but dont have access to all the knowledge base content etc yet...

Thanks, Shhhh 

• Yep. Khoros refers to this type of redirect as a "vanity URL" and support will need to create them for you. It's not as easy as a self-service option, but it's also not difficult.

• Yep. Khoros refers to this type of redirect as a "vanity URL" and support will need to create them for you. It's not as easy as a self-service option, but it's also not difficult.

• Drew, you're a star.  Thanks for confirming so quickly. We'll get them built during onboarding 🙂

MattV
        Khoros Staff

The answer is yes, but there is some nuance. If community.example.com actually points to the Khoros community directly, you're good to go. (At a technical level, community.example.com is a CNAME for the actual community domain which would be something like abcdef.lithium.com)

If you start messing with custom subdirectories, for example if you were to configure community.khoros.com/developer to point to community.khoros.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/Developer that could be a bit trickier, unless it's just a plain redirect and you don't mind the URL changing after the user enters it in the browser.

• Oh, I don't mind the URL changing after the event Matt. That's good to know for the future though.

Just about to launch a new SECRET THING and need a vanity URL that will work on our existing and new (Khoros) platforms for marketing / info purposes. I don't mind what's in the address bar, it's just community.secretinc.org/t5/New-Thing/m-p/0000e679ffh#sssj probably won't look so cool on a teeshirt 😉