Forum Discussion

LainieH
Expert
9 years ago

Using API to add labels to ideas

I need to add predefined labels to about 300 ideas that we recently migrated from Jive.

Is there an easier way to add these labels (other than manually).

I'm new to REST API but eager to learn - is the above an example of a task that could be accomplished using this method?

thanks, 

Lainie

• Hi LainieH

you can use the message edit call to add labels to a message. See the labels.labels attribute in the linked documentation page.

Hope it helps!

• Hi LainieH

adding a label is a "write" action so yes, you need to be authenticated for that. To learn all about the authentication model you can have a look at this page to begin with. Feel free to ask questions if any specific area is unclear.

Kind Regards,

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi LainieH

you can use the message edit call to add labels to a message. See the labels.labels attribute in the linked documentation page.

Hope it helps!

VikasB
      Boss
      Hi Paolo
      Is there any way to add label with post when user log out.
      LainieH
      Expert

Thank you again, very much.

Is there a special way that I need to call the API since it requires authentication to get this data?

PaoloT
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi LainieH

adding a label is a "write" action so yes, you need to be authenticated for that. To learn all about the authentication model you can have a look at this page to begin with. Feel free to ask questions if any specific area is unclear.

Kind Regards,