Forum Discussion

Kev_B
Advisor
9 years ago

Utilising blog layout for a new page

Hi,

I'm trying to piggy back off the blog page functionality for a new page on our community. I've created a new blog and gone ahead and created a new page style (BlogPage.new) to override the default style on that particular page.

However, I'm only presented with the option to override all the entire Blog Page style rather than just be able to assign this new page style to a specific blog. Just to clarify a little, I effectively want 2 blogs existing on the community, with different titles and slightly different 'home' pages. Am I going about this in the right way? Is there a better way to do it? Is there a simple way to just point a particular blog to the page style I'd like to use?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi Kev_B - 

In the admin console choose to manage the new blog you created, then go to Content -> Custom Pages and set your new Blog Page there. This will only save it as the layout for the blog you are managing.

KaelaC
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kev_B - 

In the admin console choose to manage the new blog you created, then go to Content -> Custom Pages and set your new Blog Page there. This will only save it as the layout for the blog you are managing.

Kev_B
      Advisor

Thanks KaelaC I was under the impression that would set the style for all the blogs.

I'll give that a whirl, I daresay I'll have more questions on this subject as I get stuck into things!