Forum Discussion

tmarshall
Advisor
7 years ago

view_href encoding

Hi, 

We are using the following API v2 call in a browser:

https://community.blah.com/ejquo23388/api/2.0/search?q=SELECT+board.id%2C+conversation.id%2C+conversation.solved%2C+conversation.view_href%2C+conversation.messages_count%2C+author.login%2C+author.view_href%2C+subject%2C+%20metrics.views%2C+search_snippet%2C+post_time%2C+conversation.last_post_time%2C+c_interests+FROM+messages+WHERE+depth%3D0+AND+category.id%3D%22ja-blah-board%22+AND+c_interests+MATCHES+%227000%22+ORDER+BY+post_time+DESC+LIMIT+3&xslt%3Djson.xsl

When we look at the results 'view_href' is encoded. Is there a way to make it not encoded when it is returned in the browser page? 

Thanks,

Tim

tmarshall
      Advisor

Hey VikasB

Thanks for the reply. It is not really a 'browser' issue, but how the view_href is encoded in the JSON response. For grins I downloaded and opened the API call with opera and it has the same issue. I didn't know if there was an expression we could use at the end of an API call to say 'Use UTF-8', or make it pretty. Not sure why 'subject' is not encoded, but URL is when the API call is returned. As you say the browser should be able to interpret the characters and do what it needs to do, so am not clear why the JSON view_href is encoded? I'm sure there is a reason, but didn't know if other people had this issue and if they managed to solve it by adding an attribute to the API call ;) 

Thanks,

Tim