Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Which Bulk Data API fields go with each event type?

I am designing a data extract from Khoros Community into our company data warehouse.  In looking at the Bulk Data API V2, I see a lot of great events that I want to capture.

Is there a mapping that shows which field are supplied for each event type?  For example, when a message (new thread) is created in a discussion board, I need to know which fields are in the Bulk Data API event.  Most likely, I will need additional fields, so I would invoke a Community API request to get those additional fields.  However, a simple event like badges.award may contain all the info that I need in the bulk data event (timestamp, user, badge).

Our Community site is not up yet, so I cannot check this on a live site.

SudhakaraS
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi bob-mccormick 
    Considering a huge number of event types it is hard to document all available fields for each event type in one place. Most event types share the same common fields like message details, board details, user details etc. If you raise a support ticket, we would be able to provide simulated sample Bulk API data in CSV format, it may help to understand event types and their fields.  

bob-mccormick
      Mentor

Thank you Sudhakara!

I actually think it would not be too difficult to document.  Make a spreadsheet/table with one row per field.  Make a column for each event type.  Put an X in the intersection of event type and field if that field is in that event.

But I will enter a support case to get a better sample.  The existing sample is from V1 I think, and only includes 4 event types.