Forum Discussion

nickz
Guide
10 years ago

Why SSO Cookie was not written into response when using firefox browser?

We use Lithium SSO in our product. When users log into the website, we will call LithiumSSOClient.writeLithiumCookie() to write the SSO Cookie.    When I use firefox to log into our website, I coul...
    10 years ago

When an SSO cookie is processed, Lithium tries to delete the cookie and replace it with a cookie that starts with an exclamation point (!lithiumSSO:).  This is to prevent the app from trying to process the same cookie it's already processed more than 1 time, which we don't allow (for security reasons).  We also put time limits on how long an SSO token is good for, so it's best practice to only set an SSO cookie right befor sending a browser to the community.  

It shouldn't matter how you generate the cookie (server-side or ajax call), as long as the request is secure and cannot be used to get an sso token that lets you log in as another user.  

If you are making an ajax call to another domain to get an sso cookie, make sure you have CORS configured correctly for that community and are sending the correct headers.  

If an sso cookie is set by an ajax call, you should always reload the page (or make another ajax request with the sso cookie) since the sso processing happens on the server-side.

I googled "ajax can't set cookie firefox" and found this stackoverflow article:

Jquery Ajax Firefox not sending cookie (Chrome works)

Maybe what you're trying is related?

-Doug