Forum Discussion

7 years ago

'...View More' option shown for every Idea on Idea Exchange Page not working?

Hi all,

We had some different layout requirements for 'Idea Message Item' quilt, shown on Idea Exchange Page therefore we had created the custom layout and arranged the OOTB components accordingly for 'Idea Message Item' quilt. Now the problem is everything is working correctly but '... view more' shown for every idea is not a hyperlink, which it should be. So what can be the reason or how can we solve it? Is there any attribute option that has to be passed in XML file for the component inside the quilt of 'Idea Message Item'?

Thanks

• TariqHussain,

Thanks for the help, i found the problem and  solved it. The problem was with some other DOM element overlapping the '...view more' option as the layout was changed therefore was not clickable.

Thanks

• neel_psl-

truncateWithMessageLink="true" attribute should be passed on message-view.widget.body component.

<component id="message-view.widget.body" truncateWithMessageLink="true" useNbspForEmptyBody="false" stripMediaHtml="true"/>

Also, it appears when your body text is large (e.g more than 3 lines). Can you confirm this? if you are checking view more link on an idea which has larger body text and you have added the truncateWithMessageLink attribute.

neel_psl
      Ace

Hi TariqHussain,

Yes the component is written in the exact same manner as you mentioned but the problem that even though the '...view more' option is shown but it's not clickable, i mean not able to go to 'Idea Page' via '...view more' link. So  what can be the problem??

Thanks

neel_psl
        Ace

TariqHussain,

Thanks for the help, i found the problem and  solved it. The problem was with some other DOM element overlapping the '...view more' option as the layout was changed therefore was not clickable.

Thanks